Riding a permament

OK, so you want to ride one of my permanents. Here’s what you need to do:

  1. Join RUSA if you’re not already a member.
  2. Download the registration form and waiver.
  3. Complete the form. Don’t forget to sign it!
  4. Either scan the form and mail it electronically to driftlessrandos@gmail.com or snail mail it with a check to the address on the form. If you want to do everything electronically (preferred) PayPal the registration fee ($5) to driftlessrandos@gmail.com using the “send money to friends or family” in PayPal. (We’re all friends here, right?).
  5. When I’ve received everything there are two ways you can go for riding the permanent:
    1. Traditional. I will send you a brevet card and cue sheet via the same means you used to register (electronic or snail mail). You’ll ride the route on the date you selected and obtain the necessary proof of passage (store receipt or info control entry), sign the brevet card and either snail mail or scan the brevet card and receipts and send them to me.
      • Note that there are several info controls on the route. These are places indicated on the cue sheet where you’ll stop and answer a question about a landmark that’s visible at that place so make sure you have a pen.
    2. Electronic. I will accept electronic proof of passage for my permanents. To do this, you complete the ride and then send me a link to the gpx file (Strava, ridewithgps, …) when you’re done.
  6. Assuming everything has checked out with either your paper brevet card or your electronic proof of passage, I’ll certify your rides with RUSA.