- This event has passed.
Dart Populaire – Rouleur Series
July 16, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 6:00 pm$10.00
This is the third event in our 2022 Rouleur Series. As before, we’ll start the Saturday ride a little later to give those coming from afar the ability to drive to the start in the morning.
We’ll be doing a Dart Populaire Team Event for this ride. This is a ride with a minimum of 120 Km that must be completed in 8 hours. Briefly, the rules are as follows:
- Teams consisting of minimum of 3 and no more than 5 riders.
- Minimum distance of 120 Km.
- A minimum of 25 Km must be ridden in the last 2 hours. This must be verified by a timed and dated receipt.
- Three team members must finish together in order to receive credit for the ride.
- Any team members not finishing with the rest of the team will not receive credit for the ride.
The complete rules can be found here.
Note that the Dart Populaire counts as a team event for a RUSA cup!
Here’s the plan for the day:
- Assuming there will be a lot of solo riders who are interested in doing this ride, we’ll form teams on the day of the ride. The main ground rule is: everybody rides! So don’t worry if you don’t have a team – come anyway! We’ll form or reform teams as necessary to make sure that everybody rides!
- Although for longer events e.g., a flèche, it’s customary for riders to form their own teams and develop their own route for this event we’re assuming that most people will be unattached and won’t want to do their own route design. Accordingly, we’ve developed three routes that meet the rules criteria.
- The Blue River – Spring Green populaire
- The Boaz to Boscobel populaire
- The Plain and Fancy populaire
Note that the three routes are within .1 of a mile of each other for distance with the Boaz route having about 1,000 feet more climbing.
It sounds more complicated than it is – the absolutely most important thing is we’ll ride in small groups and HAVE FUN!
Complete the registration form below. You’ll receive an email which will contain a link to complete a waiver electronically and a PayPal link to pay for the ride. Note that there will be no day of ride registration – advance registration is mandatory!
Your registration is not complete until your completed waiver and PayPal payment is received.
Important note: If you register and don’t receive an email confirmation check your spam folder! If you find the confirmation there, right click on it in your mail program and select “not spam” (your mailer might use different words but you get the idea) which will move it to your inbox. To insure you receive these plus ride announcements in the future, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts.